Meeting Home and Auto Insurance Requirements in Mishawaka, IN

It is important as both a home and auto owner in Mishawaka, IN to have the correct information at hand regarding your home and auto insurance coverage. Knowing what is required will help you not only obtain the minimum amount of protection necessary but also help you understand what level of protection is necessary for your home and auto. Working with an independent insurance agent serving the insurance needs of Mishawaka, IN residents helps to further localize your insurance coverage and give you the peace of  mind you need in knowing that your property and car are protected from complete financial loss should an accident or other event occur.

What are the Mishawaka, IN Requirements for Home and Auto Insurance?

For home and auto insurance coverage issued in the State of Indiana, there are specific guidelines that must be met, according to the state’s Department of Insurance (DOI). Auto insurance written in the state must, at a minimum, include protection from loss caused by those drivers who are either uninsured or underinsured. The minimum liability limits that must be maintained range from $10,000 for property damage to $50,000 for bodily injury caused by both uninsured and underinsured motorists.

Home insurance is referred to in the state as property insurance. There are no minimum standards set by the State of Indiana for the type of home insurance you should have for your Mishawaka, IN Home. DOI, however, does mention that any loss you face on your property such as to the primary residence, dwellings on your property and loss related to theft, property damage and bodily injury, should be covered for at least 80% replacement value of the loss. This means that if you face a financial loss, your obligation for out-of-pocket cost would be 20% while the insurance company would be responsible for the remaining 80%.

Working with a Kevin Dennis Insurance Agency, Inc Independent Insurance Agent

When you work with an independent insurance agent, like those with the Kevin Dennis Insurance Agency serving Mishawaka, IN, find out how many insurers they represent. An independent agent who represents many different insurance companies can provide you with a wide price range to assist you in meeting your home and auto insurance requirements. The job of an independent insurance agent is to ensure that you receive the adequate insurance protection you need at a price that fits into your budget. Call an independent agent with the Kevin Dennis Insurance Agency serving Mishawaka, IN and find out if your home and auto insurance meet the state’s requirements.